What could be sweeter next to eating honey straight out of the jar? Spreading it on your favorite treat evenly. And how do you achieve this? With a honey dipper, of course!
A honey dipper is not just your ordinary kitchen tool that you can easily replace with a spoon. It may look ordinary but it has its specific purpose.
AT A GLANCE (SEE ON AMAZON):
Why use a Honey Dipper?
Surely a better way to enjoy your favorite syrup is with a honey dipper.
When you want to avoid the mess or getting sticky hands when enjoying your favorite golden syrup, a honey dipper is what you need. This is especially so when you do not have a honey dispenser at hand too!
Also called a honey stick or wand, it may look fancy. But, for some honey enthusiasts, it is more than an accessory but a tool with a purpose.
Regardless of its name, it is appropriate for use on more other than honey. Many people use this accessory to trickle down their favorite syrups, melted chocolates, and caramel sauces.
With the honey stick, you now have a better way of enjoying your honey on your favorite food. You have better control in spreading your favorite honey and not just have it all in one place when you use a spoon.
Honey dippers are generally about six inches in length. But nowadays, these sticks come in a variety of sizes. Not only that, but they are also available in various styles and make.
The variety of materials these sticks are made from greatly vary. You have the selection to choose the best stick from the traditional wood material to stainless steel to glass.
Best Honey Dippers
Choosing the best honey wand would entail you to consider your preferences. As mentioned, there are a variety of materials these dippers are made of. While most of them are made of wood, this has quite evolved through time.
But on a general note, any honey stick may be made of wood, stainless steel, glass, or silicone. Hence, despite your material preference, the best honey stick is one that would serve its purpose.
Looking where to buy a Honey Dipper?
We looked at honey dippers available to purchase online and found the best ones on Amazon.com. Your local honey stores may have their recommended dippers available for purchase too.
Not all honey sticks or dippers are made equal. Whatever your choice is as to style, size, and make, there are lots of options for you.
wooden honey dipper
Traditional wooden honey dippers are handcrafted using natural olive wood. Wooden sticks are mostly better than using spoons as the grooves prevent the honey from dripping as long as you twirl them. But the wooden material needs more care and cleaning compared to those made from glass or steel.
- The grooves on these wooden dippers help you easily collect and dispense honey from the jar.
- Made of high quality wood, which is lightweight, harmless yet durable.
- Great for drizzling honey, maple syrup, blackstrap molasses, melted chocolate, caramel and more. Won't scratch surfaces.
- ✔️ PREMIUM QUALITY BUILD – Constructed from high-quality 100% ITALIAN OLIVE WOOD, our wooden honey dippers are extremely durable as well as lightweight, completely safe to use.
- ✔️ GET THE PERFECT DRIZZLE EVERY TIME – With the honey drizzling sticks unique deep grooved design, it’s perfect for ladling honey from a jar and giving you the perfect amount and drizzle of honey each and every time.
Stainless Steel Honey Dipper
Steel honey dippers allow for the functionality to also be used to stir your coffee, tea, or juices. This material is much easier to clean compared to wood dippers.
- Comfortable size for daily use, easy & cool.length:6.3 in,width:0.79 in,weight:100g.
- Great quality:Made of food-grade 304 stainless steel, solid and durable,easy to clean.
- Convenient to use:The grooves on these honey dippers help you easily collect and dispense honey from the jar.
- 【HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL】Made of 18/8 (304) stainless steel, no rusting, no moldy, solid and durable, completely perfect to use, easy to clean, dishwasher-safe
- 【EASY TO USE】Comfortable to grip with a round ball at the end, the grooves on the dippers help you easily collect and dispense honey from jars, allowing for the perfect drizzle in your tea or on toasts and biscuits
glass honey dipper
If you are looking for a touch of elegance among your cooking and baking tools, the glass material certainly adds it up. Glass honey dippers are also easy to clean.
The problem with this though is that it is breakable. Hence, you need a little extra care in using it due to the fragile nature of the material.
- 【BUBBLE BAG PACKING】: Each honey dipper is wrapped by bubble bag which is good at shockproof and provide enough protection. We will send you 2 new honey dipper if they damage during transport.
- 【IDEA DIPPER】: Deep grove for collect and dispense honey from the jar easily. Long handle for comfortable grip and avoid honey stick on your hand.
- 【HEALTHIER】: Made of high quality solid glass, non-toxic, odorless and healthy. No bacteria, no absorption and easy to clean.
- Package includes: 1PCS Glass stick
- Material: Glass
- Capacity: 15*3*3cm/5.91*1.18*1.18inch
- Perfect for honey, jam, molasses, maple syrup, fruit syrup, caramel and so on.
Silicone Honey Dipper
These drippers easily allow honey to drip off. Honey does not stick on silicone for long. Hence, you can maximize every drop of your golden liquid with a silicone honey wand.
- The grooves on this honey dippers help you easily collect and dispense honey from the jar.
- Made with high quality silicone and wood, lightweight, harmless yet durable.
- Easy to use and hand wash. (Random Color Delivery)
- 6" long reach
- Stainless Steel Handle
- Silicone Head for easy cleaning
- Good grip knob
- Long lasting due to the silicone head
How to use a Honey Dipper
This fancy kitchen tool remains handy, helping you scoop your favorite honey without the mess on your countertop.
But, how does it actually work?
A honey stick has a rounded handle and a bulbous head at the end with grooves. These grooves allow you to collect honey.
Proper usage entails you to work the stick continuously by turning it before the honeys drip. Rotating the stick would enable you to drop honey over your foods in a slow cascade. Hence, you can easily spread your golden syrup evenly, without the mess.
Simple enough but most effective.
Can I use a spoon instead?
You might ask, doesn’t a spoon serve the same purpose? Would a spoon do?
While you can utilize a spoon, it simply isn’t the option for the purpose.
A spoon dumps a chunk of nectar in a solitary spot. On the other hand, a honey stick delivers a gradual spill, permitting you to get an even cover of honey. You get an even trickle which is easy for you to handle.
How do you clean a Honey Dipper?
When you have a honey jar with dipper like this one, you don’t have to clean or wash your dipper after every use. Just put the dipper back on the jar. Allow it to float above your golden liquid. The honey on the dipper will gradually drop back to the jar, leaving the dipper clean.
However, practice this only when you are sure that your dipper did not touch any other surface. Otherwise, your honey may be contaminated with bacteria and will spoil eventually.
No jar to put your dipper back on? Don’t worry as cleaning your honey stick is as easy as cleaning your other kitchen utensils. Wash it with warm water or in the dishwasher and allow it to dry before storing.